HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group April 30th

Good last day of April! Where did the month go? At least spring is finally moving forward where I am. Trees are burgeoning and some are sprouting leaves and turning green, and I saw tulips and daffodils for the first time this past weekend, a true sign of the season.

I will start week 3 of the new challenge today and it looks like a great workout from Brian. It might be a total body workout, which I don’t particularly enjoy, but he’s actually split it up into an upper body section, then lower and then core, and more importantly, there are no compound movements, so that’s great. I can handle that.

So a quarter of the year has gone by, and I have lost 8 pounds, an average of 2 per month. It’s not a lot, but it’s better than gaining weight again. It feels like I have to work incredibly hard to shed a single pound. I’m currently reading about perimenopause and that seems to be one of the issues women encounter during this phase of life. But I figure that as long as I eat well and exercise, I will eventually lose more weight. I just have to be patient, resilient and focused.

How was your month of April overall? Did you have a particular focus and if yes, how do you evaluate your progress?

Wishing everyone continued improvement and a great Tuesday! 🙂