Perspiration Pals 1 May 2024

Hi there, Pals! May Day, mayday! Venez m'aider. Actually, you don’t need to come and help me because I’m not at work and I won’t be until Monday. Yay! Unfortunately, the weather won’t cooperate because we’re expecting rain tomorrow. Well, maybe some people are but I’m certainly not one of them. I have a lot of errands to run and I was planning to hop on Fiona (my bike, not a woman called Fiona, I’m not a psycho) because I don’t think I could hate public transport more at this point. It would’ve been good exercise too.

Speaking of, I started the day by doing Day 24 of Abs 3 and then I made a failed (and feeble) attempt at practising push-ups. I can do some negative ones but when I proceed to do the real thing I collapse like a bridge designed by drunk engineers and built by a group of 3-year-olds. My form is not sloppy and I do my best to activate my core, which I thought was strong enough, but a full push-up is so far away from the horizon as the other side of a busy six-lane motorway for a snail.

Right now I looked up to find inspiration and that’s what I see. (pic attached) Since it’s still sunny, let’s start with some Sun-related facts. Did you know that every day, plants convert sunlight into energy equivalent to six times the entire power consumption of human civilization? If the Sun were the size of a beach ball in Space, then Jupiter would be the size of a golf ball and the Earth would be as small as a pea. Also, did you know that The Earth's core is about as hot as the Sun? And since I’m listening to music, here’s a bonus fact about music: Listening to music while working out measurably improves physical performance. OK, most of us already know that. Your heartbeat changes and mimics the music you listen to.

All right, Pals, I’m not saying I must go now because I don’t really have anything urgent to do (yay) but I’ve just written a short story so that’s it from me today. I know the picture is not too original and it has nothing to do with exercise but it’s quite nice. So have an easy day and don’t forget to have a cup of lemon balm tea. (random piece of advice)